Friday 22 May 2009

Penny For Them...

In the whole scheme of things we are all relatively small. After we have gone I suppose the most we can hope for is that our presence, our very being, has made some difference. I find I am asking myself more and more lately, has my stay on this earth made a difference? Is there anything in this world better because I have been on it?

One day I will die. Maybe in fourty years time, maybe in ten, either way it doesn't really matter. What does matter is that after I have died and long after everyone who has known me dies too... will it be as though I never existed?

Has my life made a difference to anyone? None that I can think of. None at all.

4 comments:

Thomas said...

I'm of the mind that once you pass, you'll be given a life review in which you'll see how your actions (for good or ill) affected others. I've no doubt that you've made quite an impact on many.

Melvin Udall said...

I think they are just called mood swings. Pretty wild ones I agree, but mood swings non-the-less... thanks for the comment!

Dave said...

I am off on holiday in a couple of days to Egypt so maybe we could learn from the Egyptians... build a Pyramid, you won't be forgotten in a hurry!!

TS said...

Ask your daughter if you've made a difference.

Naaa, don't bother...you know the answer, don't you?