Friday 11 January 2008

Everlasting Love



I saw this video on YouTube and it started me thinking; is there such a thing as everlasting love? Do people grow old together and fall more and more in love as the years slowly pass them by. Or is this just a fallacy?

I have heard people say they have been married X number of years and never had a cross word to say to each other. That I find very hard to believe. I know myself, that while I am considerate of others and I will go out of my way not to upset anyone, the thought of spending everyday for the rest of my life doing that with one person just fills me with dread!

Maybe I just never met the right person or maybe it's just me but I have a sneaking suspicion most people are the same.

I remember the Golden Wedding Anniversary of my grandparents. While it is quite an achievement to share that many years of your life with one person, in their case, I think they were celebrating the fact that they hadn't killed each other during all those years!

...or maybe I Am just an old cynic?

0 comments: