Wednesday 16 January 2008

Groundhog Day

It is currently 2.30 in the morning and I am awake instead of snoring away in the fashion that used to so annoy me ex-wife. Just in case you should ever stumble across this, I still say I didn't do it on purpose dear.

It is funny the thoughts that run through your head while you are trying to get to sleep. Tonight it is; if you really did have to live through Groundhog Day, could you choose the day you had to relive or would you just have a random day thrust upon you? I am sure you will remember the film I am speaking of, the one with Bill Murray where every morning he wakes up and has to relive the same day over and over again.

I can think of days I would like to relive. I can think of days I would love the chance to experience again. I can think of days when I did something or said something and now, with hindsight, I would like to relive it and do it slightly differently.

Better still, just imagine at the end of each day you had the chance to relive the day over, to change it in some way, or let it stand as it happened. How many days would we relive? Would the perfectionists ever make it to the end of the week?

I am getting tired just thinking over the possibilities of this one. Oh well, time to try and get to sleep again and I hope if anyone should read this, they don't lose any sleep thinking over the days they would like to relive.

Goodnight.

1 comments:

houstonmacbro said...

When I can't sleep it's Coast to Coast AM with George Noory time.